[Phpmyadmin-devel] Testings and opinions

Wolfram Schlich lists at schlich.org
Wed May 1 09:50:28 CEST 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 08:13:52AM +0000, Loïc wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> I've modified the "common.lib.php3" library in order to "guess"
> what should be the value of "$cfgPmaAbsoluteUri" in case the user
> didn't complete it.
> But I'm not sure it's a so nice stuff, since it depends on some
> variables send by the server! Then if the server is not well
> configured or do not fit CGI/1.1 specifications we may face "bugs"
> that would be harder to find because it's easier to see
> that "$cfgPmaAbsoluteUri" is empty than it was "automagically" set
> with a wrong value.
>
> That's why I require both you testings (with different servers)
> and your opinions about this stuff.

Hi,

personally I think it really sucks. We develop Web-Applications for a
lot of customers, who run on a lot of different servers. Having to set
$cfgPmaAbsoluteUri is really annoying, for the PMA-files move from time
to time :-( I don't like the duty to specify it.
--
Wolfram Schlich; Berghof, D-56626 Andernach-Kell; +49-(0)2636-941194;