[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Testings and opinions

Lo�c loic-div at ifrance.com
Thu May 2 04:48:16 CEST 2002

Hi Wolfram & List!

>personally I think it really sucks.

Yep but this is required: we use it for cookies and the http
specification for the "Location" header stated it MUST use a
full absolute URI.

>We develop Web-Applications for a lot of customers, who run on
>a lot of different servers. Having to set $cfgPmaAbsoluteUri is
>really annoying, for the PMA-files move from time to time

But why don't you define this setting dynamically as suggested
in the documentation? You know the server software you're using
and the available server variables, then it shouldn't be so hard
to do!

> :-( I don't like the duty to specify it.

I understand but, once again, that's required.

Loïc