[Phpmyadmin-devel] Improvement to phpMyAdmin 2.3.0

Ian.Davidson at tayside.pnn.police.uk Ian.Davidson at tayside.pnn.police.uk
Sat Oct 26 17:21:05 CEST 2002

Background

A Data Dictionary had to be produced for our MySQL databases and we found
that there was no functionality to do this.  A page was written and I
incorporated it into our version of phpMyAdmin.  It was also noticed that
the print view did not print too well for each individual table so the file
for this was tweaked to enable proper printing.

Files Changed

tbl_printview.php3
db_details_structure.php3 - to include a link to the db_datadict.php3 file
lang/english-iso-8859-1.inc.php3 - to include $strDataDict
db_datadict.php - new file which produces the full data dictionary and
prints each table at the start of a new page.
header.inc.php3 - to include a .print style

 <<db_details_structure.php3>>  <<db_datadict.php3>>  <<header.inc.php3>>
<<tbl_printview.php3>>  <<english-iso-8859-1.inc.php3>>

Our development team have all seen this change and have been very positive
about it.  I think this would be a good addition to any future releases of
phpMyAdmin.

Could you please let me know what you think

Thanks

Ian Davidson
Analyst Programmer

Internet email is not to be treated as a secure means of communication. TAYSIDE POLICE monitors all internet email activity and content. **
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. Please notify the sender if received in error. Unauthorised use or disclosure of the content may be unlawful. Opinions expressed in this document may not be official policy. Thank you for your co-operation.
© TAYSIDE POLICE.