Fw: [Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 4.1.0

Jocelyn Fournier joc at presence-pc.com
Sat Apr 12 09:06:03 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > Your arguments are quite good, I didn't think it that way and
> > wasn't aware of major changes for 4.1.0 - and I thought that
> > 4.1.0 would be already Beta because there's so much hype
> > around for that version.
>
> Making phpMyAdmin MySQL 4.1 compatible won't be that easy, so I think we
> should wait untill 2.5.0 is out.
>

> > > I'd say that anybody that runs the new MySQL 4.1.0 ALPHA on a
> > > production server should be taken out and shot.
>
> Exactly :-)

I tend to be agree, but sometimes it worths a try especially if you want to
help the communauty :) (and yes I've been running 4.1 on a production server
with no major glitch, don't shot me please ;))

> > > If the people are THAT
> > > cutting edge that they are running MySQL 4.1.0, then they
> > > won't mind upgrading phpMyAdmin.
> >
> > You got me. Let's feature freeze 2.5.0 when Alex' got some
> > news about the install script. :)
> >

> I've got some news: I won't get it ready for 2.5.0, so I have to delay
> it for 2.5.1.
> I'm very sorry about that, but the script is really to "alpha" to
> release it now. But it's going to be great, you'll see! :-)

PhpMyAdmin 2.5.0-Alpha with MySQL 4.1-Alpha ? :D

Anyway, I think we can wait before a new phpMyAdmin release which supports
MySQL-4.1 ;)

Regards,
  Jocelyn