[Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL reserved words

Michal Čihař cihar at liten.cz
Tue Apr 15 03:13:05 CEST 2003

On 15.04.2003 12:11, Beck, Mike wrote:
> i agree to adding any reserved words that are on the mysql-website but not
> in the list, but i wouldn't delete those that are in the list and not on the
> web - that would mean that you can have a table named 'autocommit'?? even if
> mysql does allow it, this can only mean trouble. Robin would your parser
> mind that?

I don't see why we should have something different than MySQL does. With
current version it has some bad side effects:

On MySQL commandline: "create table autocommit (i int);" goes okay, in
phpMyAdmin it is converted to "CREATE TABLE AUTOCOMMIT (i int)" so it
creates uppercased table. This is IMHO something we don't want...

If we wouldn't change case of reserved words, it would be okay, but we
do change this so we should have same reserved words as MySQL does.

--
Regards
	Michal Cihar