[Phpmyadmin-devel] Column comments: First patch.

Robin Johnson robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Sat Feb 1 17:30:35 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 06:26:34PM +0100, garvin_mailings at supergarv.de wrote:
> Hi Michael!
> > And set your editor not to use tabs, use 4 spaces instead...
> Geez, you really use those? I hate that. It makes block-indenting a pain in
> the ass. I personally use Homesite for editing, I will have to see if it
> supports this kind of indenting...
Most of us have gone thru many many editors finding what is right for
us. I started out there, then went to pico/nano on UNIX, then NEDIT on
IRIX, came back to windows editing when DreamWeaver first supported
PHP, since then I've migrated to VIM, and now i'm learning Emacs just to
compare it to vim for producitivity and ease of coding.

Most of the windows editors have nothing on VIM and Emacs in terms of
what can really be done. You don't even have to run them on UNIX in
reality. Most of my editing is done in a Win2K enviroment, running gvim,
editing files mounted via NFS.

> > Also +1, in the worst case we can cancel it and reverse the changes in cvs
> > ;-)).
> Yeah, uhm. Sure, that would be nice. ;-))
LOL.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net