[Phpmyadmin-devel] 'Insert data from a textfile into table' link place

Michal Cihar nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 2 09:18:07 CET 2003

Hi

On Sunday 02 February 2003 17:18, Olivier M. wrote:
> At the end of the tbl_properties_structure.php3 page there is,
> when allowed, the
> 	* Insert data from a textfile into table
> link.
>
> It's a detail, but do you think it's the right place
> for this link? :)  It has nothing to do with the table
> structure...

Indeed, I got few questions how to import text files, because people didn't
find it there.

> Where could we move it ? "Export" has it's own tab,
> so "Import" would ne nice, and display the whole
> form generated by ldi_table.php3.  But there are already
> too many tabs: maybe Export could be renamed to "Export/Import"?
>
> Other possibilty: move the link to the "Insert" page (would
> also be quite logical), or to the Operations page.
>
> What do you think? :)

It is not on separate tab, because we have enough tabs now ;-). Export/Import
name is long, it would b almost same. Even current layout won't fit on 800
pixels..... If you will find one (short) word for Export/Import tab....

Better would be to move Empty and Drop links (they are not used too much, and
I see no reason why to have separate tabs for them) on Operations tab and add
Import tab. How about that?

--
Regards
	Michal Cihar