[Phpmyadmin-devel] 'Insert data from a textfile into table' link place

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Sun Feb 2 09:56:57 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 06:18:12PM +0100, Michal Cihar wrote:
> > It's a detail, but do you think it's the right place
> > for this link? :)  It has nothing to do with the table
> > structure...
>
> Indeed, I got few questions how to import text files, because people didn't
> find it there.

exactely, got the same feedback, and even got the problem myself once :)

> > Other possibilty: move the link to the "Insert" page (would
> > also be quite logical), or to the Operations page.
> > What do you think? :)
>
> It is not on separate tab, because we have enough tabs now ;-). Export/Import
> name is long, it would b almost same. Even current layout won't fit on 800
> pixels..... If you will find one (short) word for Export/Import tab....

E/I, I/O :)
"File Operations", but that is not shorter... :)

> Better would be to move Empty and Drop links (they are not used too much, and
> I see no reason why to have separate tabs for them) on Operations tab and add
> Import tab. How about that?

right, I never used the drop/empty tabs yet: usually doing theses
operations from the db_details_structure.php3 page, but maybe some
people won't like that...

But I do think there are too many tabs: what about merging "Operations"
and "Options" too ?

Résumé of the suggestions:
- add an "Import" tab
- remove the Empty/Drop tabs
- merge Operations/Options -> "Operations"

Ok for everybody ? I guess not... let's see... :)
Olivier