[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problems with Garvin's Patches

Tue Feb 25 02:53:06 CET 2003

Garvin Hicking wrote:
> Hi Alex & list!
>
> I will add a code to "upgrade" the comment-table structure, if the fields are
> missing. Or is emitting a red warning on the start page a better way?

I agree with Robin's comment about this.

>>About you query box:
>>It appears a little large to me. Imho, we should only have the <textarea>
>>and the submit button there, nothing else.
>

> I can make the query history configurable, but I definitely want to have it.
>

>>It's just meant for quick queries, not for large imports. That is why I'd
>>like to drop the whole upload stuff. We still keep the SQL tab for this.
>

> Okay, I can talk about that. But as you can see, the query window only uses the
> snippet from tbl_query_box.php3, so that has to be modified as well.
>

>>The link "import textfile" and the table field list don't work at all, so
>>let's drop them, too.

Here the table field list work. But the "Insert data from textfile"
brings another page in this window, we lose the previous contents, and I
would prefer the mini-tab idea. But even with the mini-tab "Import", the
Insert data from textfile dialog should go on the backpage, where
we see the results of a query.

I like the query history!

> They don't work? I didn't test importing yet, but selecting fields worked for me
> once...
>

>>Keep on the good work,
>

> Thanks! I appreciate that a lot :)

Well I also encourage you about those big features! Worthy of being
named 2.5.0.