[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problems with Garvin's Patches

Marc Delisle delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Feb 25 05:19:05 CET 2003

Olivier M. wrote:

> 'morning,
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:43:40PM +0100, Rabus wrote:
>
>>>I will add a code to "upgrade" the comment-table structure,
>>>if the fields are missing. Or is emitting a red warning on
>>>the start page a better way?
>>>
>>I disagree with that because you cannot expect the user to have the
>>privileges he needs to change the table structure. Imho, the best
>>solution would be to modify the code that checks the status of the
>>relational tables. Furthermore, PMA_mysqlDie() shouldn't be called if
>>the query fails: In this case, your feature should be disabled, instead.
>>

> What about an automatic check on root login ?

I like this idea.

Using $is_superuser (which is set with a check on 'USE mysql')?
Or checking directly the user's rights on $cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb']?
(Let's assume he has full rights on all the underlying tables).