[Phpmyadmin-devel] batch user & db creation

Marc Delisle delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Jan 7 05:42:03 CET 2003

Hi,
Please comment on this wish list for the new User management page:

- rename it "Users" instead of "Privileges"

- (later) split list of users in "User overview" on multiple pages,
based on $cfg['MaxRows'], with navigation <<  <  >  >>

- (already asked to Alexander) in the "remove selected users" dialog,
add an option to delete the db which has the same name as the user

- A new batch user and db creation mecanism. Starting
from a local file like this:
	user1, password1
	user2, password2
	user3, password3

we could upload this file.  There would be a radio button:
	() just create users
	() create users and generate a db named after the user
	() create users and generate a privilege that enables users to create their dbs,
	   with the username as a prefix

On the "Add a new user" new page, there are some dialogs that could be used
also for the batch:
	- the host
	- the global privileges

But I am not sure if the batch mecanism should be on the same page.

Of course, we need some validation to avoid creating databases that already exist.