[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFD: New feature, Interface implementation (not a feature request! :-)

Garvin Hicking me at supergarv.de
Wed Jan 29 00:27:02 CET 2003

Hi Robin!

Thanks, your suggestions were very valuable to me. I think this is the way to be
done. I will sit down the next weekend (where I'm on vacation, so a lot of
free time) and walk through the code. If everything runs smoothly (which I
suspect) we can talk about my implementation at the end of next week.

Are there any major changes I should wait to be done in the next days? I
currently use 2.4.0-dev (latest CVS)...

> > Another solution could be not to store the php-code in a database, but
> > instead hard-code it into the script. This will lose additional complexity
> > and abilities to customize code, but could be much safer.
> I see no loss of customizing code, and it would actually become easier
> to manege. I don't get where you see the loss of complexity?

The loss of complexity would be, that phpMyAdmin Users (in auth-mode other
than 'superuser') don't usually have access to the phpMyAdmin-Codebase. So
they can't create their own transformations. But I think the
phpcode-in-database issue has been dropped of good reasons completely, so I
don't waste my creativity on that any more. ;)

Regards,
Garvin.