[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFD: New feature, Interface implementation (not a feature request! :-)

Wed Jan 29 03:57:11 CET 2003

Garvin Hicking wrote:
> Hi Marc!
>

>>Well, 2.4.0-rc1 is still planned for Feb 2nd, so no major changes will
>>occur this week. Then maybe 2 weeks of feedback until 2.4.0-final.
>

> Allright then. Are there any major features apart from mine planned for a
> next release? The privilege system will be put in 2.4.0, right?

Well, depends what can be called "major". The sub-pages that occurred in
version 2.3.0 was something major, I think :)

There are no signs of major features coming soon, we are quite busy with
bug fix, user support and minor features.

About the privilege system, it is unlikely that something in cvs now
would not be in the release.

> I'm just looking for excuses why users should update from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1
> three week later or so. :-)

Our release cycle is at least 7 weeks, not 3 :)

However I suggest that the new features be introduced in small to medium
chunks, to avoid looking like a major rewrite.  This way we can still
work as a team on the same scripts, fixing bugs during 2.4.1 development.