[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFD: New feature, Interface implementation (not a feature request! :-)

Garvin Hicking me at supergarv.de
Wed Jan 29 14:40:03 CET 2003

 Salutations!

I today worked myself into the relation/comments database. On the way to
getting the system to know I improved the following things:

* Print column comments in 'Browse' View (optionally, via $cfg-Variable)
in the heading row (both vertical&horizontal mode - BTW, good I worked on
my own code there, I think it's somehow getting more complex to work on)

* Enable the javascript 'setPointer'-Function to correctly mark rows in
vertical display

I think the comment-feature needs some other work to be done. I'm
volunteering to do the following, if that is okay with you:

* Display column comments in the main page 'tbl_properties_structure',
either as MouseOver/Title or as an extra cell inside the whole table

* Display column comments in 'tbl_alter' and make it editable there

* When updating column comments, check for no-more existing columns and
delete entries in this DB

* Make a link for cleaning up column comments - to delete every entry to
which no corresponding db->table->column exists

I think this won't take too long. I'm just asking if anybody objects to my
changes or if anybody else is working on that. My changes would affect
quite a lot places, so I they won't get checked in for the current 2-4-0.

BTW, is there anything special I have to watch out for when providing
diffs for the project? I have never worked (not just patched) on a CVS
project I haven't had write-access to...

--
Bye,                                            ...[ icq  #21392242 |
 Garvin                                       ...[ www.supergarv.de |

... *Compile, run, curse. Recompile, rerun, recurse.*