[Phpmyadmin-devel] Column comments: First patch.

Garvin Hicking me at supergarv.de
Fri Jan 31 09:47:04 CET 2003

 Salutations, phpmyadmin-devel!

I just did a first patch because I felt like I touched many files already
and didn't want too much trouble when importing them.

I will, however, put the MIME-Changes in next week, so probably you decide
it is better to wait with all changes.

Most changes made by me yet are not critical. If they won't get in for
2.4.x release I won't be mad, but I would appreciate if no bigger changes
are then made to the pages I edited. Not that I would think, anyone would
do that. ;)

Here's my Changelog:

TODO-Items solved:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=577328&group_id=23067&atid=377411
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=571934&group_id=23067&atid=377411
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=544361&group_id=23067&atid=377411

* Updated verticaldisplay, javascript rowpointer now available
* Integrated comments where possible (like as a mouse-hover in table properties, made visible via a dashed underline and also in SQL-Dump modes)
* New display mode: horizontal with flipped table headers (see todo-item)
* Display Query time (see todo-item)
* Made basic integritychecks for comments-table: Updates, Deletes and Inserts rows if tables get deleted, updated or moved. This does not yet work for the relation tables, I didn't dare to touch them because I never used those

I did not put the new feature into documentation, neither did I translate the new strings, and just put them into english language. But I think there is a simple bash-script which compares the new translations, right?

I will make MIME-editing available on the same pages as the comments are
now placed in.

For the diff please see http://www.supergarv.de/phpmyadmin.diff.zip
(created with 'cvs -n diff -R -N >> phpmyadmin.diff')

And, uhm, if you think that the general code style is appropriate for your
project, could it be possible to get a cvs account? This would at last
take the pressure of me to stay in sync with the cvs repository. ;)

--
Bye,                                            ...[ icq  #21392242 |
 Garvin                                       ...[ www.supergarv.de |

... *The earth is in jail and we're plotting this incredible jailbreak.*