[Phpmyadmin-devel] RfD: SourceForge Categories/Groups

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Tue Mar 4 12:20:52 CET 2003

Hi!

I would like to improve the SourceForge-related request tracker. Basically we have a
quite good responsivity, thanks to (mainly) Marc and Alex. I think we could improve
our TODO-List and serious bugs, if we could stuff them into better categories and
groups.

Because I wanted to work on the Apache2 related duplication of SQL statements I
tried to get all bug reports on this, which was quite hard. So to ease up things I
would like to propose the following new items:

Bugs

Categories
------------
Authentification issues
Configuration
Data insertion/extraction
PMA DBs: Relations, Comments, History, ...
Privileges
MIME-transformations
PDF
Apache-related
Navigation
Browser/W3C/JS compatibility
Security / Restrictions
Internationalization

Groups
--------
Latest CVS

Support Request

Categories
-----------
Documentation / How To
Integration
Data insertion / extraction
Security
Internationalization

Groups
--------
same as in "BUGS".

Patches

Categories
-----------
Interface
Documentation
Displaying results
Export/Import
Debugging
Parsing
Utility scripts
MySQL features

Groups
-------
For immediate release
Just basic idea, not for release
Work in progress
Finished, needs basic testing
Finished, needs serious testing

Feature Requests

Categories
------------
Interface
Documentation
Displaying results
Export/Import
Debugging
Parsing
Utility scripts
MySQL features

Groups
-------
Next release
Rewrite
Needs more planning

What do you think of that? I am willing to work on existing reports to put them into
corresponding new groups, which of course will take some time to migrate.

Regards,
Garvin.