[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.4.1 release schedule

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Sun Mar 16 08:43:11 CET 2003

Hi Marc!

> 2003-03-30: 2.4.1-RC1

I have some doubts if we should entitle this release 2.4.1. It's just that there are
some bigger changes in the current release that may arise some problems, and people
who adjust to the "*.1 is generally more stable than *.0 and we only rely on
super-stable versions" rule may run into some trouble.

Falling under bigger changes, there are (in my opinion):

- The transformation system
- Automatic PDF table layout
- The "back button blows table creating" fix
- The query window, query history
- "Integrity" checks on the PMA_* tables when moving/deleting/creating tables
- WHERE-Identifier highlighting
- docSQL importer rework
- Work on the Export-Layout and structure (auto-increment, inline comments, ...)

So I wonder if we should instead take some more days, name the release 2.5.0 and
maybe - if finished then - include the "work in progress" installation script from
Rabus. My first look at this script was great, so if this can be finished, it's a
real big feature.

Concerning the current feature/bug set, I'd like to see some kind of fix for patch
#701111 and maybe we also could get bug #649665, #703744, #615101 somehow to work
correctly as suggested.

I hope I don't sound selfish if I vote for increasing the version numbering, because
some of the new features come from my side. But I really don't feel them so totally
stable that they should appear in a >.0 release for now.

Regards,
Garvin.