[Phpmyadmin-devel] CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE global priv

Marc Delisle delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Mar 20 10:55:08 CET 2003

Robin H. Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 12:49:00PM -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
>
>>I just upgraded to MySQL 4.0.12. Someone please explain why
>>a user with CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE
>>is seen by phpMyAdmin as a superuser
>>($is_superuser is TRUE, this is because USE MYSQL works!)
>>
> having global CREATE TEMP TABLE, you can use that on ANY db, hence mysql
> treats you as a superuser.
>
> This is actually a glitch in upgrading from 3.23 to 4.0, because of how
> the new permission system works. just select all your non super users
> and do:
> REVOKE CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE, FILE ON *.* FROM <user>
>
> Global privelges are bad, unless you trust the user.

I agree, however, global FILE is required for LOAD DATA INFILE.
Which makes me think that we should offer another way to load text files,
that emulates LOAD DATA INFILE options but does not rely on FILE priv.

Marc