[Phpmyadmin-devel] CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE global priv

Beck, Mike mike.beck at ibmiller.de
Mon Mar 24 06:56:15 CET 2003

> TEMPORARY TABLES?
> >>>
> Well, after reading their answer, I guess we will have to rely
> on something else to set $is_superuser, like selecting records
> from mysql.user.
>
> Marc

well, finally i do have MySQL 4.0.12 on my server here, so i am starting to
read the list again.

I think MySQLs Behaviour is correct here - you have a global privilege (even
if it doesn't give you any useful right), so you have that for all
Databases, so you can view it...

What i think does not make any sense is that on upgrading from 3.23, when
you run their script to update your rights users that didn't have ANY global
rights before automatically get a global 'create temporary table' and 'lock
tables'.
if you remove that two global privileges everything works as we expect it
again.
so the question is:
is that a bug with the upgrade script?
regards