[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-devel] bug : bouton et liens dans l'affichage des r ésultats d'une requete

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Sat May 3 01:31:23 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier!

Thanks for translating that - the reason is because the Internet Explorer doesn't
allow posting a form via a GET method when there are more than 2048 chars. So we use
the POST field whenever a request is larger that 2048 chars, and then we have to use
buttons.

You could reduce that by placing primary keys on your table, so phpMyAdmin doesn't
have to take so many chars into regard when building a unique condition to fetch
your data.

Regards,
Garvin.

<quote who="Olivier Brouckaert">
> Hello
>
> when I show the result of a query "SELECT * FROM WHERE ..." in phpMyAdmin,
> sometimes the link Modify / Delete is replaced by a button.
>
> Why this and will it be fixed in phpMyAdmin 2.5.0 final release ?
>
> This is a strange bug because if there is sometimes a button, that means
> there must be a condition which, when it is true, shows a button, otherwise
> a link. But why that test ?
>
> thanks
>
> Olivier

Bye,