[Phpmyadmin-devel] Textfields as 0x...?

Sun May 4 04:11:14 CEST 2003

Garvin Hicking a écrit:
> Hi all!
>
> What do our decent developers think of Bug #731866 and #731367? I didn't notice that
> before and face some of those problems myself. But, to be honest, I don't have a
> clue about what's going on...

Garvin,

I checked bug 731866. The problem is that we are using
PMA_mysql_field_type(), which returns 'blob' when field type
is 'text'.

libraries/build_dump.lib.php3 is the only place we use
PMA_mysql_field_type().

In fact, in phpMyAdmin we always avoided using mysql_field_type(),
because of this problem.

See in tbl_change.php3, how we set $is_blob, with "SHOW FIELDS FROM...".
We are using "SHOW FIELDS" in a lot of places.

So maybe remove PMA_mysql_field_type() and do a generic
PMA_get_field_type() which does not use mysql_field_type().

Marc