[Phpmyadmin-devel] Notification on partial withdrawl

Robin H.Johnson robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Tue May 6 02:18:06 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to announce something.

After a long time with the project, I'm going to be pulling out
partially.

I have joined Gentoo Linux as one of the lead maintainers for PHP and
MySQL. I joined a month ago, while I was still busy with school, but now
I'm getting into it. I'm also heading up some other work internal to
Gentoo as a mentor, designer and project leader but not really coding
that much.

I'll still keep track of PMA CVS as I always do, as well as continue to
work on my server-side config (it's at a funky hack stage, working but
touching a LOT of the codebase). I have a design change in mind for my
server-side config, and I hope to have something good to feed back by
late August. I'm also going to stay on the mailing list, but I'll only
read it every few days instead of rabiddly like I do currently.

About my code:
- SQL Validator: I'll still handle this one personally
- SQL parser/analyzer: I'm offering up this to anybody that wants to
  take it. I think longterm we need to talk to the author of the
  SQL_Parser PEAR module and merge some of our stuff back to there, and
  get that used in phpMyAdmin. His SQL_Parser does the majority of what
  the code myself and Marc wrote up, and a few bits we don't.
- other things? I can't remember what all other major code I have
  touched, but if you find something, ask me on the mailing list.

One other note: could somebody that is definetly still very active and
will continue to be (Marc?, Loic?) contact me so they can get my current
crontab scripts that handle the automatic updating of the live demo.

You can reach me at my usual email address or 'robbat2 at gentoo.org'. Feel
free to ask me any questions you have about gentoo as well.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2