[Phpmyadmin-devel] PropertiesIconic ='both' ?

Rabus derrabus at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 12:11:12 CEST 2003

Hi Marc & list,

Am Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:11:14 -0400 hat Marc Delisle
<DelislMa at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca> geschrieben:

> So I would like to promote the use of icons (and the production of better
> icons by some artists),
> that is why I would prefer 'both' or TRUE, not FALSE.
>
> People who have space considerations can set it to FALSE (unless they
> don't control the directory where PMA is installed).

When introducing new icons, every user has to get used to them first.
We introduced them to clear up the interface and to save space.

Replacing icons by text would mean going back. And displaying text AND
icons would make the icons useless because together they would need more
space than before.

imho, the default configuration should always be the best for most users.
And I think that this is the case for the icons-only setting.
Or did you ever look for an option to enable icon captions in Word, Excel
etc.?

Regards,

Alexander