[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-cvs] CVS: phpMyAdmin ChangeLog,1.2742,1.2743

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Fri Sep 12 06:28:58 CEST 2003

Hi Marc!

> +     * libraries/mysql_wrappers.lib.php3: bug 795443: wrong results coming
> +       from mysql_list_fields, so modify PMA_mysql_list_fields to use
> +       SELECT * FROM db.table LIMIT 1
> +       (Thanks to Peter Beckman (ooglek))

I haven't looked into this, but your ChangeLog-entry rang a bell: Couldn' we instead use
'SHOW FIELDS FROM'...?

I think that selecting the first row from a table could lead to performance issues. Like
when you have a table having about 1MB binary data in a blog in the row, the database
would have to fetch all data if understand correctly.

Regards,
Garvin.

--
Garvin Hicking   | Mediengestalter