[Phpmyadmin-devel] Roadmap? Feature plans for PMA 3.0?

Michal Čihař nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 15 03:34:01 CEST 2004

Hi all

On 15.04.2004 12:23 +0200, Garvin Hicking wrote:
> > Does a roadmap for phpMyAdmin exist or has anyone feature plans for
> > phpMyAdmin 3.0?
>
> I don't know of an "official" MasterPlan. But mine would be (sorted by priority):

There is IMO none such plan...

> - Get sessions to work, to get around POST/GETing the SQL query or the resultset
> data from page to page. This is the reason for many timeout/browser problems
> when editing records

This is definitely needed for long time and we should finally focus on
this.

> - Have DB-stored configuration with user-management, where a PMA user can tweak
> his own settings regarding colors, maxrows, sql query window et al

This would be nice, but not much needed...

> - Have a nice installer

I'd give this higher priority than db stored configuration.

> - Support transactions and other MySQL 5 features

This should have higher pririty as phpMyAdmin 3.0 will come probably in
time MySQL 5 will be ready...

> - After that is all done, make PMA work on all OpenSource RDBMS ;)

Is this really doable? We're working with database on very low level and
this would need complete rewrite...

- Split out all styles from html (color=, style=, ...) to external css
  file.

--
Regards
	Michal Čihař