[Phpmyadmin-devel] Roadmap? Feature plans for PMA 3.0?

Olivier Mueller om-lists-phpmyadmin at omx.ch
Thu Apr 15 08:05:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 10:18 -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> This is currently no plan. Here are a few ideas about the roadmap; please do
> not think I am being negative here...

:)
we could at least put these ideas / roadmap somewhere on the SF pma
account, in the webroot for example.

> - we currently have a low manpower. Any plan will have to take this into account,
> even though I agree that the release of 3.0 can attract some other developers

yes sure, when I see "3.0", I undestand something which would be no
sooner than in 3-6 months: it's just good to have a mid-term goal, to
see in which direction we are going.

> - we discussed some plans for version 3.0 more that a year ago, I refer you to
> those discussions

do you remember the subject?  I just tried to find it in the archive
( http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2141 ) but
without success.

> - I would concentrate now for the release of 2.6.0.

+++

> >>- Have DB-stored configuration with user-management, where a PMA user can tweak
> >>his own settings regarding colors, maxrows, sql query window et al
> >
> > This would be nice, but not much needed...
>
> I think this is needed a lot. On multi-user installations, lots of parameters are
> fixed in the config file, but the decision should be in the hands of users.
> I even find myself in need to change something in the middle of my work session!

which parameters then ?

cheers,
Olivier