[Phpmyadmin-devel] charset tests (MySQL 4.0.16)

Thu Apr 15 10:18:03 CEST 2004

Hi devs,

Testing with

CREATE TABLE `testcharset` (
   `prénom` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ''
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `testcharset` VALUES ('Josée');
===================

I start the test with this configuration, then I mention what I change
and the results.

Latest CVS, MySQL 4.0.16, PHP 4.3.4, mysql ext, AllowAnywhereRecoding=TRUE,
language en-utf-8, mysql-charset: iso-8859-1

Structure: ok
Browse: data ok, column title broken
SQL: fields list ok
Search: ok
Insert: ok
Export: ok
------------------
Switching Language to en-iso-8859-1:

Structure: ok
Browse: data ok, column title ok
SQL: fields list ok
Search: ok
Insert: ok
Export: ok
-----------------
Switching to AllowAnywhereRecoding=FALSE:

All is ok
Switching Language to en-iso-utf-8:

Structure: column name broken
Browse: data broken, column title broken
SQL: fields list broken
Search: fields list broken
Insert: fields list broken
Export: data broken, column name broken