[Phpmyadmin-devel] live CVS demo borkage

Olivier Mueller om-lists-phpmyadmin at omx.ch
Thu Apr 15 13:23:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 22:54 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> find -type d | xargs chmod g+rwsx
> Somebody has been messing with the checked out contents of the htdocs,
> and made a serious permissions mess and lots of dupes (and broken my
> cronjob):

oops, that was me, sorry. I had a
"cd /home/groups/p/ph/phpmyadmin/htdocs/phpMyAdmin ; cvs update -d ;
head -20 ChangeLog ; chmod -R g+rwx /home/groups/p/ph/phpmyadmin/htdocs"
in my .bash_history, and I suppose it's what created the problems.

> My cronjob automatically updates the ./phpMyAdmin dir every 3 hours.

I guess it's the purpose of /home/groups/p/ph/phpmyadmin/htdocs/updatecvs.sh ?
Nice work, is it running on your personal SF shell account crontab, or
are there project-based crontabs too?

> Then BOTH Oliver (swix) and Marc (lem9) need to do:
> cd /home/groups/p/ph/phpmyadmin/htdocs
> chgrp -R phpmyadmin .
> find -type d | xargs chmod g+s
> find | xargs chmod g+rw

(did that approx a week ago, hope it's fine now).

Suggestion: What about also generating the cvs version
(http://www.phpmyadmin.net/cvs/) on a daily basis via cron?

regards,
Olivier