[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFE 859815 - ANSI compatible exports

Michal Čihař nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 16 05:32:06 CEST 2004

On 16.04.2004 12:38 +0200, Alexander M. Turek wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Michal Cihar wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to implement this one, but I'm not sure what all is needed.
> >
> > - changing comment mark from # to --, this should not break
> >   anything so there is no need to make switch for this, am I
> >   right?
>
> Sure.
>

> > - changing \' to '', this should be also work fine as default,
> >   shouldn't?
>
> Haven't tested it, but it should work.

The above changes are in cvs and seems to work fine where I tested.

> The problem is the table and field names: you cannot enclose them in backticks here, ANSI only allows doublequotes for this purpose.
> In MySQL, doublequotes may be used for strings only, so this would be a big incompatibility.

Is somewhere available some short overview of MySQL vs. ANSI SQL
differences? We would probably need a checkbox for this on export
page...

> In addition to this, many table parameters that MySQL adds to the CREATE TABLE statement if they are needed are not ANSI compatible, like MyISAM options for example.
> Of course, it's the same thing with the table types.

Hmm, thats not nice, as we use SHOW CREATE TABLE for this ... that means
parsing of that output or generating whole statement :-(

> I am not sure whether MySQL charset parameters are ANSI compatible, but the collation tables are not.

We IMHO do not export these these things at all now.

> Happy coding :-)

Thanks :-))

--
Regards