[Phpmyadmin-devel] Use utf-8 for ChangeLog

Olivier Mueller om-lists-phpmyadmin at omx.ch
Mon Apr 19 16:05:05 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 00:16 +0200, Alexander M. Turek wrote:
> Apache just has to send a correct Content-Type header. Could this be done
> with a proper .htaccess file?

maybe, but would be-apache only, and work only where .htaccess files are
allowed, etc.

> If not, we could build a small php script for this purpose:
> <?php
> header('Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8');
> readfile('./ChangeLog');
> ?>

ok why not, but it was fine before as simple .txt, so why this change?

oh well, spent the whole day on £&%@*& charset problems (pages supposed
to work in english, french & arabic), so I will stick to 7bit
for the changelog anyway, so do what you want :)

> > to make it looks correct, default content type at apache
> > level should be changed to utf8... no sure if it's really the
> > best way... ?
> Should work, too.

sure, but I guess that most of pma users are not root, so not allowed
to do that :)

> > I vote for a 7bit changelog :)
>
> Is this why you avoid writing the umlaut in your last name? Be proud of it!

with "ue" I know it will always look fine everywhere... :)
Olivier