[Phpmyadmin-devel] release notes for 2.6.0-alpha

Michal Čihař nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 20 01:08:01 CEST 2004

On 19.04.2004 23:19 +0200, Alexander M. Turek wrote:
> I'd like to change "ANSI compatibility" into "Optional ANSI compatibility"
> as the user does not have to stick with ANSI-SQL if he does not want to.

It's not optional (you can not enable/disable it), better to say partial
- it changed comments and quoting, but MySQL specific stuff in CREATE
TABLE are still there.

> The popup calendar is not only available for date fields but also for
> datetime and timestamp afaik.

Exactly.

> Could someone explain "Export: use unbuffered queries" to me?

Query result is not read as whole by php, but passed record by record to
script, see http://php.net/mysql_unbuffered_query and
http://php.net/mysqli_query with MYSQLI_USE_RESULT.

--
Regards