[Phpmyadmin-devel] latin1_swedish_ci

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Aug 11 00:03:22 CEST 2004

Just loaded 2.6.0-rc1, using MySQL 4.1.3 on Fedora Core 2. I enabled the
controluser features and get the errors below when loading the initial
page. Some googling turns up some character set collation changes in MySQL
that are probably responsible but I don't see what I need to do to fix this.

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB_news-4.1.3.html>
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/News-4.1.2.html>

Running mysqlcheck --all-databases says everything's ok. All tables seem to
have locked to the latin1_swedish_ci collation.

SQL-query: DocumentationEdit

SELECT COMMENT FROM `pma_column_info`
WHERE db_name = 'bugs'
AND table_name = ''
AND column_name = '(db_comment)'

MySQL said: Documentation
#1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

#1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='