[Phpmyadmin-devel] houston, we have a problem... :)

Olivier Mueller om-lists-phpmyadmin at omx.ch
Fri Mar 12 10:57:07 CET 2004

Hello,

Yes, I'm still alive, just a bit in the background: currently
managing the mailing lists for example, and these last
months, it's quite anoying since a few months:

   1 N   Mar 11 966 Phpmyadmin-users admin request(s) waiting
   6 N   Mar 11 999 Phpmyadmin-news admin request(s) waiting
   7 N   Mar 11 1033 Phpmyadmin-devel admin request(s) waiting

99% of these requests are mails from virus/anti-virus software,
replies from bad configured mail autoresponder, mailer-daemon
replies, etc.

SF's mailman interface is not practical at all in such case:
http://omnis.ch/stuff/pics/pma-mailman1.jpg : default
action is "defer": so it is necessary to click on "discard"
everywhere, but I can't spend one hour every day for this
very interesting task.... :)

What would you suggest?  We could rename the lists,
or move them to another server, but this way we would
lose the subscribed user list...

Suggestions welcome :-)
regards,
Olivier

 Olivier Müller - PGP key ID: 0x0E84D2EA - Switzerland
    E-Mail: http://omx.ch/mail/ - AIM/iChat: swix3k