[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.6.0-rc1

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Wed May 5 06:24:01 CEST 2004

Hi All!

> I vote for merging the new patch for a delayed 2.6.0-rc1. First I was thinking
> that
> we are late in 2.6.0 cycle, but now I think:

I can live with that. You are right about people being able to user 2.6.0, but
alpha may sound way unstable to users, so I was thinking that many will only
migrate as soon as it leaves the 'alpha' cycle.

> However I am concerned about the size of this patch. I have some time to devote
> to this
> and I hope other devs also have some time. Fortunately, Michael seems motivated
> and will surely
> cooperate to help on this.

As you maybe can see from my last work on PMA I'm getting a new grip and time to
spend on it. So if the patch will be delivered in time I surely offer to work on
it; just as Michal said, we need to apply our coding style to the patch and most
of all try to maintain some backwards-compatibility for the 'old' look.

I was already thinking of splitting up the configuration file into a ".design"
php file where one could apply the many optical directives. But doing so would
mean huge work on the config_import utility...

Regards,
Garvin.

--
Garvin Hicking   | Web-Entwickler | Make me happy:
www.supergarv.de | #ICQ 21392242  | http://wishes.garv.info/