[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.6.0-rc1

Sat May 8 07:45:09 CEST 2004

Garvin Hicking a écrit:

> (Repost as this didn't seem to get through the list?)

Yes I got it on the list, just too busy right now :(

> Hi Alexander!
>

>>>Michal said, we need to apply our coding style to the patch
>>>and most of all try to maintain some backwards-compatibility
>>>for the 'old' look.
>>
>>What do you mean by "backwards-compatibility"?
>

> I have not yet looked at the code of the redesign, only the live-demo. There are
> lots and lots of icons, which I tend to like personally and for newebie users.
> But as we all know from the several angry users after adding icons in first
> place, I guess many users do not want to have those buttons, so they need to be
> optional. And any other improvements, if making a definite difference in the UI
> should be tweakable.

I think angry users did not like to lose the Browse, Search, Insert...
links. But for this, $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] is still the answer. At least
it's our answer.

On Home, since both links and icons are shown, I hope everyone :) will still be happy.

> I think PMA benefits from long-term users who gotten used to it and who we might
> annoy by forcing a new UI upon them.

But we are not implementing templates in this version, are we? Michael's patch
is not really a new UI.

Marc