[Phpmyadmin-devel] speed optimization

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Thu Nov 18 09:45:01 CET 2004

hI mARC1

> Since we received a message on the users list about this, I made some
> comparisons between 2.6.0-pl2 and 2.5.4. I am quite surprised to see 2.5.4 being
> 3-4 times
> quicker in routine operations like cookie login, changing db, going into
> Structure
> page for a table, etc.

Did you compare some special URLs? I just ran xdebug over the left frame and
found it spends quite a lot of time in fetching Bookmark information for every
table (pma_querybookmarks()). That should maybe be optimised to always fetch all
bookmarks of a database and cache the result in a PHP array.

Regards,
Garvin.

--
++ Garvin Hicking | Web-Entwickler [PHP]    | www.supergarv.de | ICQ 21392242