[Phpmyadmin-devel] speed optimization

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Fri Nov 19 07:40:00 CET 2004

Hi Marc!

> left frame says: Undefined index: label in bookmark.lib.php line 146.

I'm sorry, I didn't catch the case of an undefined $result. Just fixed it in CVS.

> I am currently setting my system to do some profiling with DBG.
> Did you try to remove the js setTimeout() to see the difference?
> They could probably made conditional to Safari only.

No, I only investigated PHP internal issues on left.php and
tbl_properties_structure.php. Because personally I did not experience speed
decrease in the browser itself, only in page delievery times.

And I advise you to not use DBG, because it's quite outdated. I can only suggest
xdebug 2 (beta, but mostly working - www.xdebug.org) and kcachegrind (KDE). The
other options is to use APD (pecl.php.net). Both can be installed using the PEAR
installer, and APD generates usable profiling data from the shell, but no
graphical interface like xdebug+kcachegrind.

> Apart from that, I am not suspecting anything in particular,
> that's why I want to do some profiling.

Okay; for me the left frame was the one always causing trouble, and the commit
fixed things for me; the right frame was always "fast enough" for me ;)

Regards,
Garvin.

--
Garvin Hicking   | Web-Entwickler | Make me happy:
www.supergarv.de | #ICQ 21392242  | http://wishes.garv.info/