[Phpmyadmin-devel] trigger_error

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Thu Dec 1 00:03:07 CET 2005

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi all
>>
>> I just noticed, that new class uses trigger_error. Should we use this
>> function? We got security report about path disclosures and this
>> introduces another way to disclose path information.
>
> Yes, let's stay prudent on this.
>
> Marc

But finding errors especially in classes/objects without this make it
really hard sometimes!

If trigger_error() is a problem on a system than every error is a
problem on this system.

If PMA would not give out any errors it just need to set his own
error_handler.

I do not fully understand what is the problem with trigger_error or what
  makes the problems with trigger_error bigger than normal errors?

The real problem is displaying errors to the client, not triggering an
error - so this is a system setting not an application setting.

The only way to handle this is that PMA uses his own error handler.

Or did i understand something completely wrong?

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de
www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet