[Phpmyadmin-devel] Issue with guest login at the start

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Dec 2 13:54:01 CET 2005

Manish Marathe a écrit :
> On 12/2/05, *Marc Delisle* <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
> <mailto:Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> > wrote:
>
>     Manish Marathe a écrit :
>      > On 12/2/05, *Manish Marathe* <mumarathe at gmail.com
>     <mailto:mumarathe at gmail.com>
>      > <mailto: mumarathe at gmail.com <mailto:mumarathe at gmail.com>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     On 12/2/05, *Marc Delisle*
>     <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
>     <mailto:Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca>
>      >     <mailto: Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
>     <mailto:Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >         Which auth_type are you using?
>      >
>      >
>      >     I am using http and also only one server is being used.
>      >
>      >
>      > Also I believe that the auth_type is set in config.inc.php.
>
>     This guest login is probably coming from the browser. Could you try with
>     the 'cookie' auth_type?
>

> I changed the auth_type to 'cookie' and added the blow-fish passphrase
> and started it again. Well I am not sure that solved the problem,
> although it didn't happen this time, but guest login issue comes when I
> start phpMyAdmin the first time after installation, that too rarely,
> sometimes. And thanks Marc for taking time to help this out.
>
> So earlier what I used to do is clear the cache of the browser before
> starting phpMyAdmin for the first time after installation and then start
> it and still guest login used to happen. Can you help me understand that
> if we use 'http' as the auth_type why some times guest login could come?

I really don't know. I've seen HTTP auth problems if you don't close all
the browser's windows, but why this would generate a "guest" login is
beyond me. You can debug this since you have phpMyAdmin's source code,
look in libraries/auth/httpd/http.auth.lib.php.

Sorry, I don't have more time to help you.

And please, next time, use the forums, or the "users" list. The "devel"
list is for developers.

Marc