[Phpmyadmin-devel] Removing of grab_globals

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Wed Dec 7 10:49:06 CET 2005

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :

>>> I don't understand why using $_REQUEST makes more clear where this
>>> variable came from. In $_REQUEST, variables can come from EGPCS, as
>>> defined by the variables_order directive. I think that it's better to
>>> say explicitly where we expect each variable to come from.
>>

>> $_REQUEST holds only $_POST, $_GET, $_COOKIE, normally in this order
>

> Not according to
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.variables-order

this is the order for register_globals what has not much todo with $_REQUEST

http://de.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php#reserved.variables.request

>> and it makes clear that this variable came from outside and has to be
>> handled with care, of course the other superglobals too
>
> So why not go with the clearer way?

why not? i did not fully understand ...
what is the clearer way?

i prefer using $_REQUEST as the clearer way as i wrote before

i always prefer using superglobals than importing them into GLOBAL space

and i prefer use $_REQUEST than $_POST or $_GET as sometimes its needed
to change between POSTING or 'GETTING' variables, like PMA currently
does with request larger than 1000 chars.