[Phpmyadmin-devel] setup script

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Dec 8 10:09:03 CET 2005

Marc Delisle a écrit :
> Congratulations Michal for this excellent script. I have a few comments:
>
> - In the Servers section, could we have just one dropdown of servers,
> then the 2 buttons Delete and Edit next to the dropdown?
>
> - In the doc, should we give the UNIX commands for proper permission and
> ownership of the config directory? We are already doing it in the doc
> for another subject.
>
> - PMA's behavior (with default configuration) has always been to try to
> connect to a localhost server with root and no password (to match
> default MySQL installation), but now I suggest that PMA goes into setup
> mode if no config.inc.php is found.
>
> - Maybe in the Servers section or in the "Configure Server" dialog a
> "Add default MySQL server" button or something like that.
>
> - Maybe in the Configuration section, display Save and Load in grey when
> they are not available, with a link to the doc explaining why.

Another point that bothers me: if an admin, instead of moving
config.inc.php to parent directory, copies it, any of his users will be
able to load the working copy of config.inc.php. I suggest some warning
on the main page. I have even seen some products that refuse to work if
the config (or install) directory is still there.

Marc