[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: current HEAD and charsets

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Dec 16 00:55:13 CET 2005

Hi

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:59:58 -0500
Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:

> can you reproduce this? I create a table named école and after the
> CREATE TABLE, the name is corrupted (the name is internally encoded in
> UTF-8 by MySQL 4.1.x but it's not properly decoded when displayed in PMA).
>
> Then I can no longer work with the table (insert, search, etc).
> Same problem happens when connecting to a MySQL 4.0.x or 5.0.x server.
>
> This must be caused by a recent change in HEAD.

I can reproduce this, however I have no idea what could cause this.

More what I noticed: such badly encoded table is going to be messed
even more later, so I guess we do some conversion twice.

Create table zkouška, it becomes zkouÅ¡ka. Go to export, click Go and
now you have zkou�¡ka (and html instead of dump in textarea).

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com