[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: PMA db copy and InnoDB

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Dec 23 05:37:14 CET 2005

Hi Marc

replying to devel list as I thing it belongs there.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:46:20 -0500
Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:

> Can you confirm that there remains some work to do, to be able to copy a
> db containing innodb constraints? The constraints creation must be done
> after all necessary tables have been created.

If you copy one table, you have to handle constraints manually. While
copying whole database, it should work (if there are not possible cross
db relations, what I don't know right now).

> Also, what's the goal of "Add constraints" ? I see that if someone does
> not tick it, it's a way to copy a db without an error about constraints,
> but what's next for the user? Manual constraints creation on the copy?

Yes, currently you can use this to copy table without constraints.

> A user cannot choose to copy "constraints only". If he could, this would
> be interesting for him because he can do the full db copy in 2 passes
> (assuming PMA does not let him do it in one pass).

This should be easy to add, is it really needed? Shouldn't we provide
tool for copying all dependent tables?

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com