[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Patch

Mon Feb 14 09:44:19 CET 2005

Armel FAUVEAU a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I try to clean HTML code (warning and errors), especially in
> queryframe.php.
> Btw, there is a good HTML validator extension (under Moz) based on Tidy.
> It's very usefull to control HTML code.
>
> So, here is a link : http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/
>
> Dunno what is the project planning roadmap, but it will be a good idea
> to fix all HTML errors and warnings in PMA. That could increase the
> quality of this famous project :)
>
> HTH,
>
> Armel.

Hi Armel,
good to have news from you again.

About those patches, I made a little research and found
http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jprompt.htm
which explains why you want us to escape the forward slashes
with backslashes. However, looking at the generated HTML source from
phpMyAdmin, I don't see the problem that it's supposed to fix.

For example, about your patch
67c67
<     document.write('</style>');
---
 >     document.write('<\/style>');

the js code generated by header.inc.php, as seen in Firefox 1.0, is IMO
correct:

document.write('<style type="text/css">');
document.write('img.lightbulb { cursor: pointer; }');
document.write('</style>');

Or am I missing something? Would this problem occur on older browsers?

Marc