[Phpmyadmin-devel] phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl2 is released

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Feb 25 07:02:26 CET 2005

Hi

On Thu 24. 2. 2005 20:28, Marc Delisle wrote:
> We are sorry to report that the release of 2.6.1-pl1 introduced an
> instability, producing various problems. This has been fixed, and
> here is 2.6.1-pl2.
>
> See http://www.phpmyadmin.net.

Will you write also security announcement?

Side note: I'm anyway fixing phpMyAdmin for older SUSE distributions, so
I can provide patches for some older version if wanted.

I have only slight problem with 2.4.0 and older where we used code:

    if (!empty($_GET)) {
        extract($_GET, EXTR_OVERWRITE);
    } else if (!empty($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
        extract($HTTP_GET_VARS, EXTR_OVERWRITE);
    } // end if

Will it work if I change EXTR_OVERWRITE to EXTR_SKIP or do I have to
backport all logic from newer version?

--
    Michal Čihař | http://www.cihar.com