[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.6.1 sunday?

Sun Jan 23 13:32:21 CET 2005

Michal C(ihar( a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Sun 23. 1. 2005 17:34, Marc Delisle wrote:
>
>>I have to take care of a car problem :-/
>>... but in a few hours, I plan
>>to use a packet tracer to check what Sourceforge does when asked to download
>>a .zip, .gz or .bz2 file. We should probably do the same.
>

> Eh, why packet tracker? Mozilla can diplay headers, or there are other clever
> tools like wget or simmilar ;-)
>

>>I could even go to my office and test this with Safari.
>>
>>Michal if you agree with this idea and if you have time to check
>>what Sourceforge does before me, please do so.
>

> That's quite simple:
>
> $ HEAD
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-pl3.tar.bz2
> 200 OK
> Connection: close
> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:02 GMT
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> ETag: "8d0003eb-1384cf-dad18c40"
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Unix)
> Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:36:09 GMT
> Client-Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:02 GMT
> Client-Peer: 193.1.219.87:80
> Client-Response-Num: 1
>
> $ HEAD
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-pl3.tar.gz
> 200 OK
> Connection: close
> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:10 GMT
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> ETag: "8d0003ea-1f89ea-dae0ce80"
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Unix)
> Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:36:10 GMT
> Client-Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:10 GMT
> Client-Peer: 193.1.219.87:80
> Client-Response-Num: 1
>
> $ HEAD
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-pl3.zip
> 200 OK
> Connection: close
> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:19 GMT
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> ETag: "8d0003e9-2377b9-daf010c0"
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Unix)
> Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:36:11 GMT
> Client-Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:19 GMT
> Client-Peer: 193.1.219.87:80
> Client-Response-Num: 1
>
> Well what thay send for gzip looks wrong to me, it should be gzipped gzip
> according to headers.

Ok I did not know the HEAD command, nice and simple :)

Well I suggest for 2.6.1 to do like Sourceforge for .bz2:

and to continue investigating this issue in HEAD development.

I understand that SF knows their web server and which module it contains,
so this method maybe does not work everywhere.

OTOH we did not have many complaints about the way PMA did it before, did we?

About their way for gzip, were you able with some browser to prove it fails?

Marc, waiting to release 2.6.1, and who will be back home in about 2 hours.