[Phpmyadmin-devel] About 2.6.3 and 2.6.4

Tue Jun 28 02:56:49 CEST 2005

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Monday 27 June 2005 20:42, Marc Delisle wrote:
>
>>Looking at the recent ChangeLog, IMO most of those changes belong to 2.6.4.
>>We are at 2.6.3-rc1 and only bugfix should go for 2.6.3.
>

> Well, most of minewere just trivial moving several lines or adding comments,
> they can't break anything. Anyway I can promise I won't commit anything in
> near future :-).
>

>>Here is my proposition: I would open the QA_2_6_3 branch, based on
>>RELEASE_2_6_3RC1, then backport to this branch the bug fixes than went into
>>HEAD. Aiming for a final 2.6.3 on July 3rd.
>>
>>Opinions?
>

> Okay to me, but I don't feel need to base it on RELEASE_2_6_3RC1.

Hi Michal and list,

Here are some reasons why I do feel to base it on RC1:

- a new message was added, a bit late in the dev cycle. Now we would have to
manage many translation updates

- the ForeignKeyMaxLimit stuff breaks for people with an old configuration file

- the ForeignKeyDropdownOrder and ForeignKeyMaxLimit do not appear in Documentation.html

Marc