[Phpmyadmin-devel] Having fun with views

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Tue Mar 8 03:16:41 CET 2005

Hi Alexander!

> As you have probably noticed, phpMyAdmin 2.6.2 at its current state
> should be able to live with withs, which basically means that we still treat them
> as tables, but they don't break our interface anymore.

That's great news. In fact, what you implemented and talk about is exactly what
I  thought it could be like when we met at the last years PHP conference. Shame
though I didn't have time to help you on this.

Anyways, your proposal to let the views be based on our display results is very
handy and intuitive behavior. Combining/Replacing views with the bookmark system
also sounds both workable and intuitive.

Bottom line is: The way you outlined it, is the way to go.

I would very much like to offer help on this issue. I should also be able to get
into our current codebase in the next couple of weeks, and be of use again. My
other hobby-project has come to a quite stable point for now, and I also need
another project for change to dedicate work again for. What I mean is: I hope to
be able to help you, but I can't promise. :-))

Great work until now, I just want to add.

Regards,
Garvin

--
++ Garvin Hicking | Web-Entwickler [PHP]    | www.garv.in | ICQ 21392242