[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Catching up with you

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Mon Nov 7 00:14:58 CET 2005

Marc Delisle wrote:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> On Sat 29. 10. 2005 16:02, Marc Delisle wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, but with the same browser settings, the default theme in 2.6.4
>>> displayed a font size that was much smaller and "correct".
>>

>> What is "correct" half of settings I have in browser? We were using
>> small font size before, now it is normal.
>>

>>> In Firefox, I have to hit ctrl/- twice to go back to the same size as
>>> in 2.6.4.
>>

>> Just set fonts you'd like to see in firefox.
>>

> Michal,
> so, why are we setting font sizes in PMA_setFontSizes() at all?
> Is it because some older browsers cannot change the font size?

i would also like to drop this

... at all, i would even drop setting font sizes in CSS, or at least set
it only once for body and eventually make the default h1, h2 a little
bit smaller - but not more!

f.e. setting the font sizes for select-tag to the same as in body-tag
has wired effects, by default font sizes in select, option, optgroup is
a little bit smaller than in parent element (body), this resulting in
different font sizes in a select box, as PMA only sets select and not
option, optgroup

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de