[Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 5 strict

Alexander M. Turek me at derrabus.de
Tue Nov 8 01:49:56 CET 2005

Hi there,

Marc Delisle schrieb:

>> Starting with MySQL 4.1, we can switch the mode. In fact, we are
>> already doing it in libraries/export/sql.php. But what if the user or
>> sysadmin really wants to check the behavior in ANSI mode? Forcing the
>> mode to non-script would block users to verify this behavior.
>
> I meant "non-strict"!

You're right, I did not think of this. So maybe, we should add a
dropdown box to our SQL input boxes and the file upload dialog, that
allows the user to choose the desired SQL mode. The default value should
be the actual SQL mode of the current server.

It shouldn't be problematic to switch the SQL mode before and after
executing the user's commands.

Regards,

AMT